At TimeSeries we would like to expand our development team with a talented Java developer. Do you have experience working with Big Data solutions and software development within this area? You’re the one we’re looking for!
As one of our developers you’re expected to design, build, maintain and run our software in a DevOps capacity. Our development is divided in improving and expanding our main Platformand building and maintaining custom client solutions that use the Platform. This Platformis a collection of microservices that work together to process large quantities of data, with our specialty being time-series related data.
Future development is a team effort where everybody is encouraged to participate. New features and improvements are dictated by a combination of our needs and those of our clients. We prefer to use Open Source projects over Enterprise solutions any day. Nearly all development happens in-house, so we can leverage on everybody’s affinities and expertise. We consider our team to be our greatest asset and value teamwork over individual knowledge.
You love to develop creative, innovative apps
You are a creative thinker and like to create great applications that make the world run better. TimeSeries builds wonderful applications that enhance our customers’ business and put broad smiles on the faces of their users. We’ll make a great match!
You have completed a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree
Preferably IT related like Computer Science, Information Science, Artificial Intelligence, Business Information Management, et cetera.
We’re looking for the best people on the market, those that want to learn, those brilliant minds that dare to experiment with technology! We constantly develop and improve ourselves, so we need you to be curious and wanting to learn.
2 years Java software development experience
You have at least 2 years of software development experience and affinity with all the following concepts and have experience with at least a few of them:
• Java 8
• The Spring Framework (including Spring Boot)
• Automated Testing, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment
• Agile (Kanban / SCRUM)
• SQL and NoSQL solutions
• Microservice Architectures
• Cloud Environments
Some of the software we currently work with:
• JUnit / Hamcrest, Mockito, Wiremock
• Google Compute Engine
• Grafana & Prometheus
• PostgreSQL & MySQL
• Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket (Git), Jenkis & Sonar
• The ELK Stack, Prometheus, Grafana
• Hashicorp Vault
Some of the areas we are looking at:
• Kubernetes / Docker Swarm
• Data Mining
• Machine Learning (Weka, Mahout, Apache Spark)
• Challenging projects with modern technologies
• A diverse and experienced team to work with
• Career opportunities in a growing company
• A fun and flexible working environment
• Transparent company culture
• Competitive salary, transport, company phone and laptop